Support for AVTs in XForms? [WAS: Dynamic @action attribute on xforms:submission]

On 4/20/06, David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com> wrote:
> To me it sounds like there is a real push for AVT from implementors and
> as long the attributes which can contain AVT values does not changed the
> processing model then there is no problem in implementing it (e.g.
> having AVT in the @model attribute or @ref/@bind is difficult to
> implement where having it in dispatch/@name is easy).

I agree. John mentions that it "keeps coming up over and over and over
again.", and I think there is a reason. People want to use it... I
definately believe that we should investigate how to include AVT
support in XForms -- or once and for all find a definitive reason for
why we should not. It's not a foreign concept in "w3-land"...
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#attribute-value-templates

>  From an authoring perspective I would *much* rather have AVT than
> writing an setvalue event handler which can change the @action URL. IMO
> AVT is the intuitive solution for this problem.

I agree 100%, but others might think exactly the same for the setvalue
approach :) But if both camps can be satisfied, well why not? :)

--
... Allan