RE: Digging through section 6.2.1 / multiple types for an element

Lars,

I'm assuming that when you say "have access to" you only mean should the
widget be rendered as a date control on those systems that support it? There
is no defined way of getting at the 'type' of a data node at the moment.

If so, then I would say it should be rendered as a date widget, regardless
of how the type is set. Also, a date widget should be used if the underlying
data node is *derived* from xsd:date.

And an implementation needs to be able to change the control dynamically,
too, if the data type changes. So if you have a date control bound to node
A, and then a submission to the server gives back instance data in which
node A is now a boolean or just a string, then you need to change the
widget.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.