Re: Digging through section 6.2.1 / multiple types for an element

[http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xforms-20060314/slice6.html#model-using-atomic]

[http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xforms-20060314/slice6.html#model-prop-type]

> So how bind type="" mixes with other types also belongs in schema
> land, which says:
> "1.2.1.2.4 If there is also a processor-stipulated type definition,
> the ·local type definition· must be validly derived from that type
> definition given its {prohibited substitutions}, as defined in Type
> Derivation OK (Complex) (§3.4.6) (if it is a complex type definition),
> or given the empty set, as defined in Type Derivation OK (Simple)
> (§3.14.6) (if it is a simple type definition)."
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cvc-elt]

But if this is the case, then when you have an attribute of type string in
your schema you can't restrict it by using a type contsraint to an URI by
using anyURI? Or am I reading 'Type Derivation OK (Simple)' wrong?

> ** One can argue what exactly is meant by the introduction to the
> order though:
> "The set of facets associated with a model item must be determined by
> the following list, as if it were processed in the given order. When
> multiple datatype restrictions apply to the same model item, the
> combination of all given restrictions must apply."
> But if my conclusion does not hold, then there is something wrong in
> section 6.1.1 (at least).
>
> --
> ... Allan

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: