Re: Cancel a submission in progress

I think it's a great idea for stopping those long waits for slow servers
when you realise you've sent the wrong data anyway...

Here's my pattern for this:

<submission id="go" action="..." method="get" ... >
     <toggle case="busy" ev:event="xforms-submit" />
     <toggle case="done" ev:event="xforms-submit-done" />
     <toggle case="whoops" ev:event="xforms-submit-error" />
</xforms:submission>
<input ...></input>
<switch>
    <case id="start">
        <submit submission="go">
            <label>Go</label>
        </submit>
    </case>
    <case id="busy">wait...
        <trigger>
             <label>Cancel</label>
             <cancel submission="go" ev:event="DOMActivate"/>
        </trigger>
    </case>
    <case id="whoops">Whoops!
        <submit submission="go">
            <label>Try again</label>
        </submit>
    </case>
    <case id="done">
         <output ...
    </case>
</switch>

Still, my conclusion from this is that I would prefer a separate event
 from xforms-submit-error to distinguish an error from a cancel.

Steven