Re: Cancel a submission in progress

On 4/4/06, David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com> wrote:
> In XForms a submission can be started and then it has to wait for an
> error or a failure. Wouldn't it be nice if is was possible to cancel an
> submission (e.g. by dispatching an event to the submission element)
> which will make the submission stop by dispatching xforms-submit-error?

I think that is a good idea. As you can start a submissions, I guess
it makes sense to be able to cancel them too. What should happen if
you try to cancel a submission that is not running? NOP I guess?

> Then a new submission can be started, e.g.:
>
> <xforms:action>
>   <xforms:send submission="s1"/>
>   <xforms:cancel submission="s1"/>
>   <xforms:send submission="s1"/>
> </xforms:action>

I'm not quite following the usefulness in your example though. You
start by "teasing" the submission action, before submitting to it? :)

--
... Allan