Re: xforms:repeat indexes and replace="instance"

Hi Erik,

Thursday 25 August 2005 05:07 skrev Erik Bruchez:
> The behavior of repeat indexes upon insert, delete, and setindex is
> well defined in the XForms spec.
>
> In particular, the spec says that upon deleting the last element of an
> homogenuous collection, any repeat index associated with that
> collection is set to 0.
>
> Now upon instance replacement, it seems reasonable to think that if
> the homogenous collection goes from empty to non-empty, the repeat
> index should be set to the startIndex value of the repeat element.
>
> It also seems reasonable in general to expect that repeat indexes are
> adjusted, and appropriate events fired, for example if the updated
> collection is smaller than the original collection and a repeat index
> becomes out of bounds.
>
> Unless I am mistaken, the spec + errata are silent on those points.
>
> Any thoughts about this?

Without having checked the spec / errata at all I think the above seems
reasonable. If a nodeset for a repeat changes, you should handle it, and an
instance replacement affecting the nodeset of a repeat should be the same I
guess.

--
Allan Beaufour
Novell Denmark