Re: @number attribute on xforms:repeat

I am ok with this being only a hint. I am also ok with different
implementations providing different visual appearances - even though I
think that it would make sense, in order to help spread adoption of
XForms, to seriously discuss how XForms and (X)HTML interoperate, and to
recommend visual apperances to implementors. In fact, the XForms spec
does make suggestion for the appearance of xforms:select/@appearance and
xforms:select1/@appearance, and it could do so for xforms:repeat/@number
as well.

The spec could also be clearer and tackle the issue that was raised by
Allan, which is that if an implementation shows repeated items 1-10 as
per the hint, and the setindex action selects index 14, the
implementation SHOULD make sure that item 14 becomes visible to the user.

So far I seem to have a confirmation that you can do whatever you please
in your implementation, including using scrolling or paging of repeated
items using @number as a hint, although I have yet to hear strong
feedback in the line of "Yes, that makes sense, that's cool!" ;-)

Part of my initial questions remains though: how do current
implementations of XForms + (X)HTML interpret the spec? Has everybody
done like Allan and happily ignored this attribute?

-Erik