Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

Le lundi 31 octobre 2005 à 15:08 -0500, Elliotte Harold a écrit :

> Vincent Berger wrote:
>
> > People are not so stupid. They know how to install plugins.
> >

> Some do. Many don't. Few if any know how to do it right. My wife has two
> masters degrees and she can't install a plugin. My father's a lawyer and
> he can't. My two brothers probably can, but I wouldn't swear to it. My
> mother probably could but she's a math professor. I could if I really
> wanted to, but for whatever reason I still can't seem to keep them
> installed. Every once in a while I do get around to installing Flash or
> the PDF plugin, but a few months later it's gone again. Why? Frankly I
> can't be bothered to find out.

The wold is not composed exclusively of non-patient people (Thank
People !).   :-)

> The world is not composed exclusively of programmers (Thank God!). Too
> may programmers have social skills too limited to enable them to see how
> the rest of the world thinks. What's obvious to them, ranges from
> difficult to impossible for most normal people. AJAX works because it's
> accessible to normal people. Anything that depends on a plugin isn't.

As I said to Caroline, I'm quiet sure that those "normal people" (as my
family and friends) are not able to plug the wires
of their computers, install games, launch DVD/Divx/mp3 player, and above
all, connect to the ISP !!!

So if they know how to install the computer, they know how to install
plugins ... asking to a friend
or a family member may be.

--
Vincent Berger <vincent.berger@afp.com>
Agence France-Presse

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com