Re: Is or isn't scripting needed, was RE: XForms vs. Web Forms

John Boyer wrote:
> To start, 'application/xhtml+xml' is not a namespace.

I meant MIME type, sorry about that.

> The embedding of XForms tags *in the xforms namespace* can
> currently be done and there do currently exist script
> implementations that provide all of the functionality
> of those xforms tags within existing browsers.
> Hence, there is no need to assign such pages to a
> *content type* that makes the browser fail to load them.

That is the correct content type for XHTML documents when the root
element is 'html'. This scripted implementation implements parts of XML
Schema, XPath and some way to style the form controls?

Are these script implementations based on a correct MIME type, like
application/xml, or some false incorrect one, like text/html? I have
seen an implementation that does similar things being implemented using
text/html. I personally don't think that is a good thing for the web.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>