RE: Question about XML Schema validation

Hi John and Eric,

I thought it would be a useful exercise to try to summarise in one place
everything that I could find on validation, from the 1.0 and errata
documents:

  <http://www.xforms-wiki.com/bin/view/Main/EventXformsRevalidate>

It would be helpful if anyone who is interested in this could cast their
eyes over it and see if there is anything that should be
added/removed/explained better, etc.

During the course of doing this, one thing jumped out which is that the spec
says events like xforms-readwrite, xforms-enabled and so on, are dispatched
during xforms-revalidate (see section 4.3.5, step 3). However, the MIPs that
correspond to these events are not themselves calculated here, but in
xforms-recalculate, so there is no way that these events can be fired at
this time. (Also, the event is cancellable, which means you'd lose events
like xforms-optional, which have nothing to do with validity.)

Probably another errata candidate? ;)

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.