Re: Sun Demonstates comprehensive XForms support in OpenOffice/StarOffice

Daniel Vogelheim wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Sorry for the late answer. I must have overlooked this your mail when
> it was sent. :-(
>
> > look like in content xml file most elements for OO forms
> > not in W3C XForms namespace (in W3C XForms namespace
> > now only the model element) is it temporary or it will be persistent?
>
> Yes, this is intentional. The OASIS OpenDocument format already has a
> control + form layer, so we were faced with the option to either
> duplicate all controls, or to bind the existing controls to the XForms
> model. Simply duplicating would have been rather undesirable (and is
> generally avoided in the remainder of the format as well), so we chose
> to embed the XForms model as-is, but to reuse the existing controls.
>
> Transforming between those shouldn't be too hard. There are a few
> differences, but mostly they follow a similar model. (Which is
> probably due to the fact that both sets of controls were derived from
> the HTML control set.)

i guess it not so good idea - to mix XForms model with OO control
elements (at least for me it very bad news)

> > where i can find OpenDocument format description?..
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

well... if it still in draft - why we can`t change it?..

> The format is developed through OASIS, so the documentation (and
> information on participating or giving feedback) can be found on their
> site. Follow the link to the specification document.
>

> > is it possible furure migration forms to xforms in OO?..
>
> Do you mean migrating existing OOo forms to OOo XForms? That is quite
> easy, due to the use of the same controls: You only have to bind them
> to an XForms model.

i mean changes in Open Document standard from OO to W3C XForms

> Hope this helps.
>
> Sincerely,
> Daniel

truly yours,