Re: XForms problem

Le mardi 23 août 2005 à 13:45 +0200, Allan Beaufour a écrit :

> Tuesday 23 August 2005 12:05 skrev Vincent Berger:
> > Le mardi 23 août 2005 à 16:16 +0700, Saran Toochinda a écrit :
> > > We're planning to use XForms to collect XML data (currently using Novell
> > > XForms Explorer for IE). The data we're collecting is company data, 1
> > > file per company. The schema is change from time to time which most of
> > > the time is resulting in newly added data elements. The XForms controls
> > > need to be added accordingly to accept the new data elements. There is no
> > > problem on new file data entry so far but the problem arise when dealing
> > > with existing files. Because Xforms' controls bind to existance of
> > > element in an instance document. The newly added controls don't get
> > > display because no such data ever exists before. Do I missing something?
> > >
> > > One other issue is about repeat control. Usually we provide a trigger to
> > > insert and delete repeated element. Once we delete all elements, we have
> > > way(s) to insert it back again?
> >
> > About repeat control, I keep an element in a section (called in an
> > arbitrary way)  "<patterns>" ,
> > and use the xforms function "duplicate" when I want to populate an empty
> > "container".
>
> Unfortunately duplicate is an XForms 1.1 control.

Yes, but is working , in this case, on Novell Xforms Explorer for IE, as
specified by Saran.

--
Vincent Berger <vincent.berger@afp.com>
Agence France-Presse

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com