From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Roland Merrick
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 3:04 AM
To: Durnell, Carryl
Cc: 'www-forms@w3.org'; www-forms-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: Defining the action attribute for submitInfo

Greetings Carryl, unfortunately the attribute must contain a URI in XForms
Version 1.0. However, the scenario you describe is understood and we do have
a requirement logged to address the restriction in a future release.

Regards, Roland

"Durnell, Carryl" <Carryl.Durnell@logicacmg.com>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org

29/09/2004 10:31

"'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

cc

Subject
Defining the action attribute for submitInfo

Does the action attribute for a submitInfo element have to contain a
specific URI, or could you use an XPath expression to evaluate one?  I have
a form that could go "back" to any one of three possible previous forms, and
would like to use XPath to specify this in the action attribute, but all
examples I can see mention specific web-pages or one form or another.

Cheers,
Carryl