RE: Blackdog onForm Engine

Pierre.

I am sorry to say that we have currently halted development of the OnForm
Engine, concentrating instead on producing a simple to use forms-designer
for xForms.

The version of the dll that you have should work with a significant sub-set
of the xForms Spec, but we are not currently planning to develop that engine
to alpha status.

For IE to render your xHTML/xForms mark up suing this engine two additional
things are required:-

1)Internet Explorer looks for an .htc (html component file) when it
encounters elements with the "xforms" namespace.
2)The engine must be passed the name of an xsl stylesheet to tell it how the
xForms controls are rendered.

Both of these files can be generated from OnForm xPress, our forms designer,
which gives this architecture a lot of flexiblity and power, but neither is
easy to create otherwise, which means that this architecture may have
unneccessary complexity.

The output from the Forms Designer is designed to work with any xForms
rendering engine that doesn't require code in addition to the xForms spec,
and we are about to launch what we hope is the final beta version of the
designer which inludes design capacity for all of the xForms controls,
groups, nested repeats, and switches.

I hope that this answers your questions in the short term

Very best regards

Robert Bull

*  This e-mail is for the intended recipient only, *
*  its contents and the content of any attachments *
*  is copyright material belonging to HoT Training *
*  and Consultancy Ltd, and all information herein *
*  should be treated as Company Confidential       *