Re: Article: Use XForms to send and receive Web services messages

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Gerald Bauer wrote:

>   IBM DeveloperWorks has published a new XForms
> article by Nicholas Chase titled "Tip: Use XForms to
> send and receive Web services messages"

This article was interesting but raised a few questions in my head. First
I notice that IBM use the FormsPlayer's text-xml-post so they can talk to
the SOAP server using text/xml. Most XForms applications won't have this
obviously.

With SOAP 1.2 the type application/soap+xml is the expected MIME type,
does this mean that XForms won't be able to talk to the SOAP server? That
would be a shame given how well they could be used together.

Thanks,

Gary