From: Mark Birbeck [mailto:mark.birbeck@x-port.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 10:51 AM
To: Shone Sadler
Cc: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: Event Context Info

Hi Shone,

There have been a few suggestions as to how to resolve this, but I think
the front-runner is probably to have an XPath function that returns the
context information. Even if that wasn't the ultimate solution, if you
were to write your own qlink:eventContext() function then it would get
you by for now, and wouldn't break with the spec, if you kept it out of
the XForms namespace.

One problem though, is that you need to place the context information
into an event object, not return it directly. Eventy handlers always
receive an event object, and then need to know how to get the relevant
information out of the structure. My personal preference for addressing
this is to use a parameter in the function which names the event object
property that you want to return.

Mark Birbeck

CEO and CTO

x-port.net Ltd.