RE: XForms Player/Toolkit/Browser of the Year 2004 - Call for Nominations

Hi Gerald,

It's good to see that you're still finding time in between "chronicling the
XUL revolution" to come over here and help us with XForms. ;)

But .... I notice you haven't found the time to comment on our new
formsPlayer features which allow you to add toolbars and sidebars to
Internet Explorer using XForms. Putting aside the fact that we're pretty
proud of what we've done -- so there may of course be a sub-conscious
element of self-promotion on my part -- I would have thought that this was a
pretty significant development in the history of the XUL revolution:

 * XUL is no longer the only mark-up language that allows you
   to 'extend the browser';

 * since XForms is device-independent it means that any browser
   extensions you do build could be used for any type of browser,
   unlike XUL which is GUI-oriented;

 * IE users can finally have all the search-bar--type extensions
   that Mozilla users have had for years.

So, it won't be long before you have to have a poll like "Which browser
extension language do you prefer? The good old-fashioned GUI language, XUL,
or the shiny new, device-independent, model-driven, XForms?"

In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net
t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
b: http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/
w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/

Download our XForms processor from
http://www.formsPlayer.com/

our_xforms_player_of_choice_and_the_winner_is.html

Gerald Bauer
United XAML       - http://unitedxaml.org
XAML Forum & News - http://xamlnews.com