RE: How to forward instance data between forms ?

Paulo,

Beg pardon, I forgot that you need to submit the instance first!

The scenario I have developed for is form1 is used to populate part of an instance. Once this is done I have used

<xfm:send model="x" submission="submit1"/>
<xforms:load resource="next_form.html" show="repleace"/>

within a convenient event, to move the user to the next form, which loads the same instance, but exposes a different part of it to the user.

I have also written schemas that break the validation into discrete chunks, so that only the part of the instance currently being worked on gets validated

All the best

Mark

PS I have used this technique for both online and offline forms with FormsPlayer and XSmiles.

The information in this email is sent in confidence for the addressee only and may be legally privileged.  Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on its content is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Origo Services Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or the contents.

ine+Forms>

Note in particular the use of xforms-model-destruct to save the data on
close:

    <xforms:action ev:event="xforms-model-destruct">
      <xforms:send submission="siOrder_SaveLocal" />
    </xforms:action>

> Does someone know a (possibly open source) product which allows this ?

X-Smiles supports "file:" and is open source. formsPlayer also supports it,
is not open source, but is free.

Mark Birbeck
CEO and CTO
x-port.net Ltd.