From: Klotz, Leigh
To: 'DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)'; 'www-forms@w3c.org'
Sent: 23/10/2003 19:50
Subject: RE: saving submitted XML locally

Are you asking as a user or as an implementor?
As a user,
<submission action="file://locahost/foo.xml" method="put" /> "may" write
a local file, but support is not required as part of conformance (i.e.,
it
is not a "must".)
If you're just looking for a quick test harness, many of the XForms
processors appear to support it.
As an implementor there are some subtleties regarding use of the file:
URI
scheme with other methods that are mentioned in the spec.

Leigh.