Re: [XForms] Re: Will Internet Explorer support XForms

Leigh,

As you may recall I have been critical on more than a few occasions of the
clarity, or lack of it, in the drafting of the XForms specification.

In your response in this thread I think you may have conveyed, at least in
certain geographical locations, a notion opposite to the notion you intended to
convey.

Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com writes:

> [...]

Leigh, In the form (there's that word again!) of English I am familiar with
for someone to say that "X leaves Y in the dust" indicates that X is superior
to Y. So, at face value, you seem to be saying that InfoPath is superior to
browser-based forms technology (including XForms??). I suspect that isn't the
message you intended.

I suspect that what you are trying to convey is the simpler notion that
InfoPath doesn't use a Web browser or isn't used within a Web browser. Is that
correct?

However, behind the scenes the situation isn't quite so clear cut as that
since I pointed out that InfoPath uses as one component the rendering engine from
Internet Explorer (at least that is what I understand InfoPath's rendering
engine to be).

Andrew Watt

It is a premium, for-pay client