From: Roland Merrick [mailto:roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:30 AM
To: Thomas Fuller
Cc: 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: Re: Question regarding XML Schema functionality in XForms

Greetings, what you ask for is not explicitly supported by the XForms spec,
the XForms UI Controls are abstract and as such have no notion of something
like a drop down.

However, where we describe the input element [
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice8.html#ui-input ] we state in the
implementation requirements that the implementations should be sensitive to
the type of data that they are bound to. An example is given of sensitivity
to a date, but sensitivity to a type having enumerated values should also be
considered when an implementation chooses how best to represent the type.

The author could choose to use a <select1>, rather than <input>, as the UI
control to influence the subsequent rendering.

Regards, Roland

	Thomas Fuller <TFuller@gtefcu.org>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org

28/01/2003 13:34