Re: Specifying the <submission> element

Hi,

(1) the spec says: (3.3.3 The submission Element)

"ref : Optional selector binding expression enabling submission of a
portion of the instance data. The selected node, and all descendants,
are selected for submission."

also (11.1 The xforms-submit Event):

"A node from the instance data is selected, based on the attribute ref
on element submission. This node and all relevant child nodes are
considered for the remainder of the submit process."

So the root node will be the node referenced by the XPath expression in
ref.

In your specific case (<submission ref="/a/b/c" .../>), the submission
would be

<c>widget</c>

(2)

Yes, you should use the instance('id') function:
<submission ref="instance('id') .../>"

-mikko