RE: Critical Questions

Sherine,

	Your first question was a little confusing, but I think you are asking if there is a way to auto-generate an XForms document from the XML Schema.  I don't know of any tool or application that will auto-generate XForms from the XML Schema.  It would be very difficult if not impossible to be able to create controls without know what kind to create, or to create the data and binding without knowing what the data is or what to bind to.

	In regards to your second question, if by conform you mean being valid within the constraints of the XML Schema, then with the proper setup, the XForms processor your using should be able to check for that.

<form xmlns:xfm="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms/cr"
      xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" >
  <xfm:model schema="#mySchema" xsd:id="InputTest">
    <xfm:submission action="somewhere.do" indent="false" method="post"
    omit-xml-declaration="false" xsd:id="controlsSubmission"/>
    <xfm:instance>
        <example>
          <field>
          An Example String
          </field>
        </example>
    </xfm:instance>
  </xfm:model>
  <schema id="mySchema">
    <xsd:element name="example">
      <xsd:complexType>
        <xsd:sequence>
          <xsd:element name="field" type="xsd:string"/>
        </xsd:sequence>
      </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>
  </schema>
</form>

In this example, the schema element has an id of "mySchema"  this is referenced in the model element above by the attribute schema (schema="#mySchema").  This reference will tell the XForms processor to check that they data conforms to the XML Schema written.

I hope this helps,

Susan Borgrink

FormFaces Developer