From: Mikko Honkala [mailto:honkkis@tml.hut.fi]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 1:42 AM
To: Tomayko, Ryan
Cc: Jérôme Nègre; Micah Dubinko; 'bhanu'; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: readonly and setvalue

Hi Tomayko,

very good point. I have implemented "readonly" similarly. I have also
made demos with similar functionality as you describe.

In my opinion, this is so important feature that the spec should not
retrict the processor to change values marked "readonly". "readonly"
should affect just the UI. It seems that at least 3 implementors have
implemented it that way for a reason.

-mikko