RE: [XForms] - print event?

Roman wrote:
> is there any possibility to define something like a "print-event" in
> XForms? I would like to print a different form than displayed when
> a print- event is triggered. How can I accomplish that?

The idea is that XForms handles form processing only, with appearance and so
on coming from CSS. Printing is also best achieved with CSS. Take a look at
@media in the CSS spec. I know that IE supports 'screen' and 'print' as two
different types for @media (newer versions of CSS are adding 'mobile',
'aural', and all sorts of things), and Mozilla and X-Smiles have good CSS
support so no doubt they will have these types, too.

So, in short, you can already do what you want, although not all pseudo
classes may be implemented in all brwosers yet.

Mark Birbeck
Co-author Professional XML,
and Professional XML Meta Data,
both by Wrox Press