From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:09 AM
To: Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com
Cc: XForms@yahoogroups.com; www-forms@w3.org; www-forms-editor@w3.org
Subject: Re: [XForms] XForms CR - how many previously reported errors were
ignored?

Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com writes:

Andrew,

Thank you for your comments.  We are using Chapter 2 example to part of
fully developed in Appendix G, where the "Cash" choice is used as an example
of XML events and the xforms:message element, where it displays a message
that says "Please do not mail cash."

We are still seeking implementation feedback, however, and if you do wish to
send cash, please note that the message is advisory only, and is not
enforced as a validity constraint.

Thank you,
Leigh.

Leigh,

I am trying to decipher how much of your response is tongue in cheek. :)

I am thinking about the impression that Chapter 2 makes on, say, a casual
visitor to the XForms spec.

I assumed that the XForms WG would want to convey an immediate impression in
the CR that XForms is taking a realistic approach to cutting edge
e-commerce.

It seems obvious to me that an unrealistic example of how to use a form
creates a poor initial impression. I don't recall ever seeing an online form
that offers payment by cash as a practical alternative.

Charging an account would allow a much more realistic example to be
included. If you want a message then include something like "Your account
will be charged before the goods are sent." or whatever is realistic.

Anyway I have made my point. ... At least until the PR. :)

Regards

Andrew Watt