RE: XSLT and XForms

yes, that's exactly what I do. But it's not that slow unless
you use large tables (grids). For normal forms with some
kilobytes of HTML it's still fast enough.

Table manipulation performance decreases significantly for
larger tables. The separate "table object model" in IE is even
slower than DOM.

Again, DOM seemed to be more flexible then XSLT because XSLT
demands the use of innerHTML.
For instance, if you wanna disable your INPUT using XSLT
you have to do this:

X.innerHTML = "<INPUT name='i1' type='text' disabled='true' size='15'
value='ABC'...";

Of course the string must be generated by the XSL processor fist.
With DOM it's just

i1.disabled=true

BTW, I still use XSLT for client side sorting and filtering in
my dataset component.