RE: XForms Schema Attached

Greetings, I'll endeavour to answer some of your questions:

Regards, Roland

                      Plechsmíd Martin
                      <Martin.Plechsmid        To:       "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
                      @merlin.cz>              cc:       "'Micah Dubinko'" <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: XForms Schema Attached
                      www-forms-request
                      @w3.org

                      24/07/2002 10:36

Hello.

The XForms Schema is uncommented, so its hard to guess what are the new
attributes and elements exactly meant for. Can you, please, write short
explanations?

 - What is the @bind on xforms:submission and on form controls meant for?
   <ram>the bind attribute can be used instead of mode+ref</ram>
 - What is the @incremental on form controls for?
   <ram>Allows author control over whether xforms-value-changing events
 should be dispatched</ram>
 - What is the @appearence on form controls for?
   <ram>Allows author to provide hints as to the rendering, replaces
 selectUI</ram>
 - Is the xforms:trigger exactly what was the former xforms:button, or the
 purpose has changed?
   <ram>just a name change.</ram>
 - What are the bindFirst attributes on xforms:trigger meant for?
   <ram></ram>
 - What is the xforms:actionGroup element for?
   <ram>There is a group of that name but no element.</ram>
 - Where did the xforms:repeat element disappear and what are the
 "repeat-*" attributes?
   <ram>xforms:repeat should be there, new attributes are to allow for
 integration of repeat processing with a host language.</ram>
 - xforms:model now supports multiple xforms:instance elements. How they
 are to be treated (submitted etc.)?
   <ram>submission still points (ref) to a node in a named instance, so
 some portion of a single instance is submitted.</ram>

I'll wait with my comments till I understand the current status.

Thank you,
 Martin Plechsmid.