Re: Info request

----- Original Message -----
From: "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroumian@protek.com>

> Me and some other developers are looking to implement a form handling
> framework for Apache Cocoon (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon) and I'd like to
> know if there is any activity on XForms?

hmmm, yes any effort should probably use XForm, considering that any
improvements to HTML forms ala XHTML will come from XForms.

> Event model of XForms is quite difficult to implement on the server-side
and
> that makes XForms simply a standart markup language for form presentation

well, yes, if u use XForms as a specification then u transform from this
specification ( not necc in an XSLT sense ) to whatever final form you want.

> and nothing else. Can anybody make some comments on a possibility to
> implement a server-side XForms processor?

why not make a few complicated XSLT that transforms XForm as xml ? I have
done this many times, and over time one can build up quite a useful XSLT per
client required ( at least in the web world, I have xslt transforms that
creates source code for various compiled languages too ).

then create a small script library on the client, or create appropriate
session handling to link with your final form on the serverside.

I don't see any thing with XForms as overally harder then any thing else
that is out there?

A world where XForms is prevelant simply means that the server side would
have to do a lot less .... which can be a little concerting from some
angles.

I dont think that an application server has to be XForms aware natively,
other then being able to take in an XML post from an XForm; otherwise any
effort you build up might be a little unnecc.

oh well, good luck !

cheers, jim fuller