Re: Details on changes to XForms (schema attached)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Micah Dubinko wrote:

> The XForms Working Group has agreed to share this information on the
> www-forms list in order to get early feedback, and encourage people to start
> writing and validating forms. Please let us know what you think, and
> especially if you see any mistakes or potential problems.

Especially these three...

19-Oct MJD <xform:xform> (outermost in head) renamed to <xform:model>
19-Oct MJD <xform:model> (schema container) renamed to <xform:schema>
19-Oct MJD 'xform' attribute renamed to 'model' throughout

... were a bunch of important logical improvements. It makes the
recommendation draft more understandable. I hope the changes are reflected
well in the verbal description, especially in the less technical
introductory sections 2.4 to 2.7. The relationships of the different
components were a bit unclear to me after the first reading; I hope the
changes in terminology help in further clarifying the introduction.

Oh, and about the editor's note in <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/>: It's
(IMO) no use saying "XForms is a word with no singular form" as long as
the working draft and the schema proposal are filled with singular forms.
Whether or not they are just technical variables such as namespace
prefixes doesn't really make a difference: as long as there are singular
forms in the recommendation, the editor's note will be ignored.

Best regards,

Jouni