Re: Control hierarchies

Hi,

At 05:45 PM 11/5/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>The 'ref' (or 'nodeset') attributes only have special meaning when attached
>to elements from the XForms namespace. A 'ref' (or 'nodeset') attribute from
>an element in any other namespace shouldn't have any effect on XForms
>processing.

Great, this is what one would expect.

>The earlier example led me to believe that your 'ref' attributes are
>intended to have special meaning to the XForms processor.

This was not the intent - but if my xforms processor builds its own
relative paths based on it, then I guess the answer is really yes in my
case.  Thank you for pointing this out.  So - what I need to do is ensure
that for any custom, non-xforms outer "controls" or elements that do have
refs, they should cease to have refs, and be placed inside xforms:group
elements with the ref.  (If I recall correctly, groups can validly have
non-xforms elements inside them.)

By the way, my non-xforms repeat structure is for a table widget that
allows users to "focus in" on a specific table row.  I guess I could use
the repeat structure, but since there are no controls in the table itself,
I'm not sure what it buys me.

Thanks again,
Jim