RE: [XFORM][CALL FOR] XForms Tutorial/Introduction

Hi, the level activity on XForum public discussion is very low and it
seems if one is not directly participative in the workgroup itself, we
have little hope of getting help from the group. I have the problem of
being "isolated" in South Africa, so I am probably not the best "expert"
at hand to fullfil the needs of hungry researchers all round. I can in
my little understanding put something together to help the cause as I
have preliminary promised to several other participants. And I hope to
find the strenght and time to do just that soon.  I can only explain it
in the hand that the core idea of XForms is not be become a boxed
specification such as HTML, WML and VoiceXML, but rather to be loosly
coupled around self describing XML schemas. The XForms may therefor be
embedded withing the previously mentioned target ML's and it itself
targets a more intelligent User Interface Middleware that either
presents XForms directly on the platform such as mobile device or
desktop machine or telephony gateway by "painting" the form on LCD, GDI,
or Speech Channel "canvases". Or, it may transform the XForms into a
boxed Markup Language as mentioned before. What would help me drive any
tutorials is an understanding of what our individual research projects
are all about. Maybe if you could spare us a few hints on your specific
interests to help the cause of understanding global trends for adopting
XForms.  I am a little worried that XForms will not be understood for
what it is because of the little discussion going on here.

Over to you Oliver, Michael, and any other mimes.

hthal,
Baden