From: SOUHARD, Pascal [mailto:pascal.souhard@mtic.pm.gouv.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 4:44 PM
To: 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: implementations of xforms

I began to read the specification, and before to go on I'd like to know
if
there are  a lot of xforms implementors. Where can I find tools, xforms
processor... on the web.
Are there alot of effective project ?
Does anyone know something like that?

Pascal

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Dominic Cooney <coonsta@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 03:00:42 +0200
  • Subject: XForms processor for JSP
  • To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello all,

As an undergraduate data communications project recently I investigated
XForms and implemented a small, non-conforming subset for JSP. It is
wholly
server-side, so as you can imagine, a lot of XForms features are not
supported.

Anyway, if you're interested the ZIP of the source, javadoc, binaries
and
examples is available at
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~coonsta/XFormsJSP.zip .

It has been tested on JDK1.2.2 and 1.3.0 on Win32 with Tomcat 3.2.1. It
requires Apache Xalan-J 2.0.0 and Apache ORO 2.0.1 (for the pattern
implementation.) These are available from:

Xalan-J 2.0.0: http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/xalan-j_2_0_0.zip
Tomcat 3.2.1:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/
ORO 2.0.1: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-oro/release/v2.0.1/

There's a small problem with Tomcat, in that an old JAXP comes packaged
with
it that Xalan must replace. Admittedly there's probably a
straightforward
way of doing this, but, being pressed for time, this is what I did:

- copy Xalan's xerces.jar to Tomcat's lib directory
- extract Tomcat's parser.jar somewhere
- extract Xalan's xalan.jar, overwriting the files from parser.jar
- create a new JAR (e.g. parser-replacement.jar) and put it in Tomcat's
lib
directory, in place of parser.jar
- also remove Tomcat's jaxp.jar
- start Tomcat as normal

To those who initially expressed interest: Sorry for the delay, I have
been
somewhat busy.

I'd be happy to hear from you with any comments!

Sincerely,

Dominic Cooney