RE: One more possible hole in UI?

Another thing that is bad with overloading <textbox> for passwords is that
passwords shouldn't really be able to have more than one row (in the typical
password use-case anyway). HTML 4 textarea wouldn't work as an interim
rendering component for textboxes that are also passwords due to this. So I
agree that a separate <password> element is the best solution.

-Kelly