RE: <model>- declaration

Hello,

Our current thinking is that simpleTypes defined in an external Schema
document, and linked to from the <xform:model> element, will be the way
define user datatypes for both Basic and Full XForms.

Due to the way that xsi:schemaLocation works, the ability to usefully
have
inline Schema content is limited, so our current plan uses only external
Schemas.

Nevertheless, this is a topic of active discussion and may change. Do
you have a use cases where xsi:schemaLocation plays a role?

I also have to note that I've messed up: attaching XForms specific
properties in the instance is not planned at the moment. Our current
favorite proposal uses the bind element for that purpose and looks
roughly like:

<xf:model>
     <xf:bind ref=".....datum" readOnly="true" />
</xf:model>
<xf:instance>
     ..
     <datum xsi:type="xsd:date" />
     ..
</xf:instance>

... though, again, we appreciate any input we can get.

Josef
--
if you really want to read the disclaimer, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2001Jul/0084.html and