Agenda item: www-forms-report

Hi all,

here comes the first www-forms report. The report is sent both to
www-forms@w3.org to show the progress of questions and to the XForms
Working Group mailing list as an agenda item for the next telephone
conference.

There were three threads with traffic in the past week:

### textbox vs. textarea

The active part of the message is the following: "Is there a way in
Xforms to display a textbox, which has for example rows=10, cols=50 ?"

I have provisionally recommended to use style sheets. We still have an
open issue from the last face to face to adress the line wrap display
property and, possibly, constraints to the content model to remove the
ability to manually insert line breaks.

### "caption" position

Similarly, there was a question about the styling of captions:

> Shouldn't the position of caption for a control be settable (or is it)

> may be through attribute position="left | top | right"?

> Another problem with captions is trying to align them. One often
> resorts to dedicating a table column just for captions. Would there be

> a better solution?

My reply again pointed at the CSS Working Group.

### <model>- declaration

Finally, a frequent contributor asked for an example of a <model>. The
question was posted today, so I have decided to not provide an interim
answer.

Josef