Definition confusion - XForms Model

Hello Concerned-persons,

Here in Baan, we are a small group of user interface enthusiasts,
following XForms evolution since inception.
We felt that the term "XForms Model" is causing some confusion.
To try to get some more clarity on "What XForm Model means", we
went through the XForm discussion forum also. Snippets of
sources of information and light they throw on
"meaning of XForms model" has also been attached.

Why the Confusion:

Source 1:
Though it says XForms model is a "...XML form DEFINITION", the syntax
of XForms model is more of related to defining data types of data
elements in the form + ... (XML schema...)

The phrase "form definition" looks odd w.r.t data type defs. et.al,
because when we talk of form definition, we usually talk of UI widgets
also ("we" refers to lay technical person...). So, we felt that the def.
"single device-independent XML form DATA MODEL" is more appropriate
for XForms Model.

Maybe, the statement that "document structure of a XForm gives
a XML form definition" seems more appropriate.

In fact, Source 2 provides more clear meaning - "provide run-time
input validation to the user". We were wondering why this KIND OF
definition has not gone into the actual docs.

NOTE: We know that W3C specs. are not written for all kinds of
users, but most of us use them as the ONLY source of
info. + knowledge.
A clarification/ clarity will be veru helpful.

-srini

SOURCE:::
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/

CONTENT:::
- single device-independent XML form definition, called the XForms Model.
- Among other duties, the XForms Model describes the structure of the
instance data

SOURCE:::