From: Tim Anstee [mailto:tanstee@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 12:35 PM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Sanity checks

Hello all,

I have had a couple of reads of the specification and have a question which
I hope doesn't indicate that I need to read it a couple of more times...

In creating data entry forms it is common to confirm the correctness of data
which, whilst it is valid, is unlikely to be correct.  An example of this is
an insurance application which asks the year a driver was born in.  Whilst
1890 may well be a legal value, it is unlikely that this is correct and
should be confirmed.  Is there any way to ask for confirmation in a case
like this in the specification, or does it require an escape on the validate
attribute to a scripting language?

Regards,
Tim Anstee