"The special people" - was: www 10 conference (off-topic)

I apologize in advance for being off-topic.

I wonder how much work it would take a genius like yourself to implement a
reader for "application/ms-tnef" on whatever platform you use.  This
anti-whatever sentiment was tiresome 6 years ago when it was OS/2 vs. Win95.
It's still tiresome now.

Why couldn't you just read the utf-8 or plain text version and ignore the
other?

We can't standardize everything.  Someone still has to make money in this
capitalist world.  Are you going to pay my mortgage with your colored pieces
of paper banter?

Relax, man.  If you don't like what you see, change the channel.  Some
people don't know how to change the default settings of their mailer.  Are
you going to give free classes to help them?

With all due respect, sir (and much is due to yourself and your
accomplishments), you should go easy on people who haven't been using the
Internet for 20 years like you and your colleagues.

Like it or not, the MSNs and AOLs of the world are here...  and they share
the same space as you.

Let's finish up XForms and watch as it takes 10 years to get rid of all of
the User Agents we have today in exchange for the "new" XForms UA.

There's a lot of work to be done to spend so much time arguing over elitist
attitudes about colored paper and special glasses.

My .02.

Michael Earls