Re: [Moderator Action] XForms suggestions

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Stan Attenberger wrote:

> A facet called "initialize" or "onClick", similar to "validate",
> but which calls a javascript function onClick instead of onBlur.
> I would use this to trigger the rebuilding of my "smart picklists",
> which are dynamically constructed.

One idea is to allow the validate mechanism to call out to
JavaScript for functions other than those built into the expression
language. This still may not be enough, since you may need more
control over when individual fields are validated. Perhaps, the
onchanged event handler attribute might be appropriate for this?

> A way to insert a user-defined link into the form.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

> A way to insert a user defined comment that appears on the form.

Understood. This is something that we will will address when we
get started on the user interface bindings.

> Also, it'd be nice to be able to have the XML sit in a separate
> file, and include it with something like an external entity
> reference.

Thanks for the feedback.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)