RE: model root element

Joe,

I went digging through our requirements document [1] and found that req 3.4
does indeed state that the submitted data instance shall be well-formed XML.

There is a possible fly in the ointment here with what happens when multiple
instances of the same form are filled-out at once.  We've not worked through
this topic yet.

Thanks for highlighting the issue.