Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: IRIs for external schema locations possible? (PR#8)

Nick Van den Bleeken wrote:
> Felix,
>
> XForms 1.1 is based on XML Schema 1.0 second ed., which does not appear to
> support all IRIs in the xsd:anyURI type. Therefore we will defer the support of
> all IRIs to a future version of XForms, which may be based on a version of
> schema later than 1.0 that will support all IRIs.

There are other specifications which rely on XML Schema 1.0 and also
support IRIs. An example are XPath 2 F/O, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#uri :
[Within this specification, the term "URI" refers to Universal Resource
Identifiers as defined in [RFC 3986] and extended in [RFC 3987] with a
new name "IRI". [...] Note also that the definition of xs:anyURI is a
wider definition than the definition in [RFC 3987]; for example it does
not require non-ASCII characters to be escaped.]

I think the statement above makes clear that your assumption "XML Schema
1.0 second ed., which does not appear to support all IRIs in the
xsd:anyURI type. ", is not true.

Hence, I would disagree with your resolution. We will discuss this issue
at our i18n core call next week (18 Sept.) and will provide you with a
Working Group reply (which should not stop you from replying to my mail,
but please keep public-i18n-core in the loop).

Felix