Re: tmichel@w3.org spam

In a message dated 04/09/2002 13:17:52 GMT Daylight Time, tmichel@w3.org
writes:

> I am the moderator of both lists
> <www-forms@w3.org>; <www-forms-editor@w3.org>
>

> When you sent a message to the previous lists, I moderate the message and
> resend it to the lists.
> Of course you are copied to be informed of my action.
> Therefore the 150 mails you have receive is not spam but only a repply of
> your own messages sent to the previous lists.
>
> Thierry MICHEL.

Thierry,

I am not sure why you do that - for one of the lists, which I assume to be
www-forms, I receive an on-list version of each of my posts within a few
minutes of my posting it. So receiving the same message again after moderator
action doesn't seem to me to add anything to the process.

As far as www-forms-editor goes each post is listed on the archives and I
assumed that meant it had already been distributed to subscribers to
www-forms-editor.

It seems to me that the current process duplicates at least some posts -
perhaps only those to www-forms.

Andrew Watt