RE: P3P comments on XForms 1.0 last call

Consider for instance the example in 8.1:

<input ref="order/shipTo/street" class="streetAddress">
  <caption>Street</caption>
  <hint>Please enter the number and street name</hint>
</input>

Your e-wallet might have your street address available, but can't
do an auto fill-in here, unless it tries to guess there's a connection
between the data that is asked and the data it has available.

Using p3p semantic datatypes, instead, you can denote the "kind"
of data (its meaning) via URIs.
So for example, the street address of a user is already in the P3P
Base Data Set, and corresponds to the URI
http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#user.contact-info.postal.street

Doing such "semantic labelling" would allow to write for example
(introducing a "kind" attribute in caption):

kind="http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#user.contact-info.postal.street">
  Street
  </caption>
  <hint>Please enter the number and street name</hint>
</input>

and now your UI could (among other possible interesting things) perform an
automatic fill-in of the data, because it knows what the form is talking
about.

Of course, there are many syntactic ways to insert P3P semantic datatypes in
XForms,
the above is just an example.

Hope this clarifies things a bit :)
-M