Fw: Urgent Assistance

Do these emails need to be reported to any authorities?

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: ibrahim yakubu <alhaji_ibrahim_yakubu@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:29:41 -0700 (PDT)
To: alhaji_ibrahim_yakubu@yahoo.com
Subject: Urgent  Assistance

                              ALHAJI IBRAHIM YAKUBU.
                              Lagos, Nigeria
                              FAX NO: 234 1 7594693

Private Address:alhajiibrahimyakubu@mail.com
                alhajiibrahimyakubu@presidency.com

ATTN.: THE MANAGING DIRECTOR / C. E. O.

REQUEST FOR URGENT (CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

OF THE TRANSFER OF US$45,560,000.00 (FORTY FIVE
MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES

DOLLARS ONLY).

I hope this letter will not embarrass you since we
have not had any previous communication. I got your
reference from the United States trade department
under private enquiry that is not related to my aim of
writing you this letter and went further to have it
confirmed by the Nigeria Exports Promotion
Council(NEPC).

I, on behalf of my other colleagues from different
Federal Government of Nigeria owned parastatals
decided to solicit your assistance as regards the
transfer of the above stated amount into your bank
account. This fund arose from the over-invoicing of
various contracts awarded in my parastatals to certain

foreign contractors some time ago.

We as holders of official positions in various
parastatals, were mandated by this new civilian
government to scrutinize all payments made to certain
foreign contractors by the past Military Government
and we discovered that some of the contracts they
executed were grossly over-invoiced, either by
omission or commission. Also we discovered that the
sum of $65,560,000.00 (Sixty-Five Million, Five
Hundred and Sixty Thousand United States Dollars Only)

was lying in a suspense account, although the foreign
contractors were fully paid their entitlements after
executing the said contracts. We all agreed that the
over-invoiced amount be transferred (for our own use)
into a bank account provided by a foreign partner, as
the code of conduct of the Federal Civil Service does
not allow us to operate foreign accounts.

However, we have succeeded in transferring some of
these money, precisely US$20,000,000.00 (Twenty
Million United States Dollars Only) into a foreign
account in GENEVA (SWITZERLAND). But
unfortunately, the provider of the account has severed

all forms of contacts with us as he has refused to
adhere to our earlier mutual agreement insisting that
the total amount be paid into his nominated bank
account before disbursement will take effect. If for
US$20M (Twenty Million United States Dollars Only) we
are not compensated, how can one guarantee full
compensation on remittance of the balance of
US$45.560M (Forty-Five Million, Five Hundred and Sixty

Thousand United States Dollars Only).

We are therefore seeking your assistance based on the
balance amount of US$45.560M, which can be speedily
processed and fully remitted into your nominated bank
account. On successful remittance of the fund into
your account, you will be compensated with 25% of the
amount for assistance and services and 5% set aside
for expenses contingency.

This transaction is closely knitted and in view of our

SENSITIVE POSITION we cannot afford a slip, I assure
you that this transaction is 100% risk free. We will
avail you with our identities as regards our
respective offices, when relationship is fully
established and smooth operation commences. I am at
your disposition to entertain any question(s) from you

in respect of this transaction, so contact me
immediately through the above and fax number or
through my direct email address
alhajiibrahim_yakubu@mail.com or
alhajiibrahim_yakubu@presidency.com for further
information on
the requirements and procedure. Please note that the
DEAL needs utmost confidentiality and your immediate
response will be highly appreciated and we will use
our own share of the money to establish a lucrative
business in your country.

Please you should contact me immediately with your
private fax and telephone numbers where further
details in respect to this transaction would be sent
to.Please do not disregard my email for any reason
because it was addressed to and from myself, it is for
security reason to avoid problem.
Yours truly,

ALHAJI IBRAHIM YAKUBU.