Re: Password problems.

Well,
Good suggestion about looking in the logs: Note www4mail does not store
your login namd and password in any log file (except the debug log file,
which is off by defualt).

Okay back to the format
I would suggest that you try
XFORMREPLY=TEXT
get http://myuserid:mypassword@dmoz.org/editors

Notice that xformreply=text comes before on a separate line by itself.
When I tried the above, I got an Error 401 (bad login & password).

PS: I hope your userId or password does not contain any spaces? I am not
sure if it handles spaces okay...

Thanks
Clement Onime