MSIE browsers & www4mail

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, FMCC-TY1 wrote:

> I think your service is great, but I have a problem with the "get a
> document" feature, the only thing I get when I click the button is an
> empty message with nothing attached to it

Dear,
I think you are using one of the Internet Explorer Browsers ;-)

These set of browsers before MSIE version 5.0 or the last version 4.0
could not send mail contents to a mail program.

There is a workaround only if the browser supports javascript.

To activate this, just start your request to the www4mail server with the
word XBYJS. Note that you will still get an empty mail body but the
subject would be filled by the browser.

Example
XBYJS
http://www.altavista.com

The above would return a version of the Altavista page modified to work.
For more details please send for the www4mail help document and read the
section on XBYJS.

Thanks
Clement Onime