Re: updates & manual

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Chris Bannister wrote:

> Gidday all,
>
> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:46:04 EDT,William C Andrews wrote:
>
> >I would like to suggest that the full www4mail users (not admin)
> >manual be made available as a single zip. Having both a plain text
> >and an HTML version would be good.
>
>      I agree, but not zipped HTML

Would anyone of you guys like to write the manuals?

> >Other suggestion:  Offer a one way announcement mailing list to
> >announce when a new option/feature is added.
>
>      Good idea!

There is a www4mail-announce@w3.org, we could use it for the new features,
generally it was meant to announce new vesions...

> Could someone please advise me of the closest www4mail address to New
> Zealand is. Does it make that much of a difference if you use the closest
> one?

Ideally you should use the gateway closest to the WEB/FTP site that you
would like to access.

Practically, similar domain names does not indicate geographic or network
proximity.

Except you understand the network topology/routing it is dificult to say
who is next to who...

Thanks
Clement Onime