Re: bugs, etc.

Norman,

Thanks for your e-mail. I shall try to answer the questions raised one
after the other.

1. The mail footer is a known problem, for which we have solutions (since
March 1999) in the later version of the www4mail gateway software.
The solution(s) are as follows
First, the gateway tries to detect the footer (line of dashes) and should
stop processing after this, or you can specify a keyword (end) as the last
line of your
request.
Example
http://www.ictp.trieste.it
END

Finally, Please test with the www4mail@wm.ictp.trieste.it server. I
believe that the www4mail@web.bellanet.org is still running an old version
of the gateway software.
So let me know if it happens with www4mail@wm.ictp.trieste.it

About the DEEP command, we have had numerous requests about this but from
our analysis, the command is not as useful as you think.
First, most users tend to abuse a command like deep, they don't really
verify that they need all the links from a page before issuing the deep
command.
We once had a variation of the deep command that allows a user to download
all links on a page by selecting them. However, it has been disabled due
to the fact that the server spent a long time processing such mails, So,
what happens is that you are allowed to make only 5 requests per mail, but
you can send your requests in batches (different mails).

Please note that wwww4mail has a command XIMAGE that will place/show links
to images in the modified pages, it will not automatically download the
images for you, you still have to request for it.
But I don't think this works for background images, so I will look into
also adding a link for background images as well.

Well
Thanks

Clement Onime