Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:39:26 +0100 (MET)
From: ONIME EHIMIKA OHIREIME <onime@ictp.trieste.it>
To: meason_ron@burr-brown.com
Subject: Re: using altavista search engine

Hi Ron,

After a strong search, I have to admit this is a subtle bug that appears
both in lynx (when in command line mode) and www4mail. A URL containing a
plus (+)  sign is decoded to a space character. This is because the + sign
is the HTML encoding for the space character.

The Altavista search would have returned matches based on any of the words
in the list.

Okay, the status is that this has been fixed partially as follows.

1. If you are using a browser, it should work fine now. a plus (+) sign is
	a plus (+) sign. Entering a + sign in the search field and
	clicking the search button is okay.

2. If you have to specify a URL directly containing a plus (+) sign,
please replace it with %2B
	(%2B is the HTML encoding for a plus (+) sign).

Thanks
Clement Onime